Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Testing, testing... net method over polish

Experiment day :)  I had both hands polished and ready to add my nailart, when I got obsessed with the net method.
On my right hand, I used the net as a home-made-stamp. The result was messy on 2 nails, so I try to hide them. Not impossible to do it, but very very messy.. I put some acrylic paint on a flat surface, realy small amount, and diped the net in it. Then I used one of my daughter's school erasers to hold it and use it as a stamp. Worked on 3 of them with no problem.

On my left hand, I let polish dry completely, and added a thick top coat, which is supposed to be fast dry (but it isn't..). Then waited for the moment that the nails are dry to the touch but can still be "scrached" by.. another nail, for example. I placed the net over my nail, and used the eraser to press it on the nail surface. This made an embossed design, like when it is used with acrylic enhancements. Then I covered all nails with watered acrylic paint. When I finished, I used a piece of wet kitchen paper towel to clean the surface. The only paint left was the one that filled the gaps my net had done. I suppose it depends on the net you find, mine left this cool print.

Next time I try, I will definately NOT use black, but a darker shade of my base color.  Of course, if you have a stamping plate with a similar design, you can save yourself from all this trouble:)




No comments:

Post a Comment